SOLVED! OmegaT won't open previously saved project!
Thread poster: Litsehimmel
Litsehimmel
Litsehimmel
Netherlands
Local time: 01:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

I solved the problem myself by changing the name of the project folder, as it seems somehow OmegaT was pointed in the wrong direction (file path).

I'm set to continue with an OmegaT project I closed last night, and I now keep getting an error which reads:

"Unable to open project file!

java.xml.bind.UnmarshallException
- with linked exception:
[java.io..FileNotFoundException ...]"

The OmageT symbol is there though, so what the
... See more
I solved the problem myself by changing the name of the project folder, as it seems somehow OmegaT was pointed in the wrong direction (file path).

I'm set to continue with an OmegaT project I closed last night, and I now keep getting an error which reads:

"Unable to open project file!

java.xml.bind.UnmarshallException
- with linked exception:
[java.io..FileNotFoundException ...]"

The OmageT symbol is there though, so what the heck am I doing wrong?! I need to have this finished today!

Any and all help extremely appreciated!!

[Edited at 2012-10-03 09:47 GMT]
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:58
Russian to English
+ ...
I suggest you post this to the yahoo list Oct 3, 2012

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Omega

for faster response since you are in a hurry.

My non-expert sense is that changing the name of the project folder was not a good idea. Also, you may have forgotten to check the tags before closing the file (tools > validate tags).

Not sure what to do though.

Litsehimmel
Litsehimmel
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fingers crossed ... Oct 3, 2012

Hi Susan,

Well, not sure if it was a good idea or not, but at least it works. To make sure I don't lose "track" of it again I will generate target files every so often, before closing the project again.

What prompted me to change the file path is the fact that the file path specified in the error message was different from the one where I had stored the project.

Fingers crossed it worked.

Paolo Marelli
Paolo Marelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
solution to Unable to open project file! Sep 29, 2021

I found a solution in changin the root program file inside of the main folder, with anyone else of some other project. The reopening I had back my project.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

SOLVED! OmegaT won't open previously saved project!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »