Thread poster: Arnaud HERVE
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:53
English to French
+ ...
Advanced directory turned out 83 results for the word "scuba" Mar 31, 2009

I just did a search in the advanced directory, with the only search criteria being the keyword (I unchecked the CV option - I only wanted profiles that have the word 'scuba' somewhere in the profile). I got 83 results for the word 'scuba', one of which belongs to a user named diving.

Let's not insult our clients' intelligence. Trust me, if they really need someone specialized in scuba diving, they are smart enough to use the means already in place to find you. If they can't find you
... See more
I just did a search in the advanced directory, with the only search criteria being the keyword (I unchecked the CV option - I only wanted profiles that have the word 'scuba' somewhere in the profile). I got 83 results for the word 'scuba', one of which belongs to a user named diving.

Let's not insult our clients' intelligence. Trust me, if they really need someone specialized in scuba diving, they are smart enough to use the means already in place to find you. If they can't find you, then you may want to spend some time polishing your profile (I only checked the first four pages of search results, but I didn't find you, Arnaud - maybe you were in the subsequent pages).
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
In a different register Mar 31, 2009

OK. Some people do not like my sense of humor. I can accept it, as we people from the Alcarria in Spain are peculiar in several senses.

Good. In a different register, my opinion about the matter at hand is that a reasonably good profile does not need to be cluttered with information. For instance, if someone wants to make a point that he/she is a good translator about scuba diving, maybe he can choose "Sports" as a specialty fields and specify the very particular specialty in the pe
... See more
OK. Some people do not like my sense of humor. I can accept it, as we people from the Alcarria in Spain are peculiar in several senses.

Good. In a different register, my opinion about the matter at hand is that a reasonably good profile does not need to be cluttered with information. For instance, if someone wants to make a point that he/she is a good translator about scuba diving, maybe he can choose "Sports" as a specialty fields and specify the very particular specialty in the personal, free-text description or some other possible places. That should be more than enough.

I remember someone recently said that Proz's interface was not very clean. Let's not clutter it with the kind of information that can be written freely in the CV, the title right under your name and a host of other places.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thematic certification

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »