Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Turkije
Lid 2007
Engels naar Turks
+ ...
Jun 22, 2009

Hello All,

During my membership in this site for 2 years, I have seen approx. between 5 and 10 pass away announcements of our colleagues in the Forums.

As you all know, death is a part of our lives and as the existence of ProZ.com exceeded 10 years, unfortunately it seems that we will continue to hear such announcements with an increase in amount within the next 5-10 years.

Of course I respect the efforts and feelings in those posts, but to my opinion tho
... See more
Hello All,

During my membership in this site for 2 years, I have seen approx. between 5 and 10 pass away announcements of our colleagues in the Forums.

As you all know, death is a part of our lives and as the existence of ProZ.com exceeded 10 years, unfortunately it seems that we will continue to hear such announcements with an increase in amount within the next 5-10 years.

Of course I respect the efforts and feelings in those posts, but to my opinion those colleagues deserve much more than becoming a topic in the forums.

So, I am suggesting to create a memorial place in the site.
A place where they will be listed according to the country, passing year,
With profiles (different from the current profile system)
Links to the their activity in the site (KudoZ answers, forum posts etc)
And an option for visitors' adding comments, condolences, wishes
And an option where other people may add their artistic works (if any) such as; poems, articles or other works.
And the site may appoint several people for arranging this board (such as approval of the posts, collecting information, pictures,)

I think there would be a lot of volunteers for such initiative so it won't bring any work load on the site staff.

So, would it be possible to arrange such place in the site (under the community section)?

Best Regards,

M. Ali

PS:
Not only for the members but for every translator.

[Edited at 2009-06-22 01:31 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A Place for Passed Away Colleagues

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »