Query and response language option
Thread poster: Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 17:06
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2002

Should we not try whenever possible to stick with English in our queries and responses so that everyone in this forum will have a chance to benefit especially when LLD languages (languages of limited diffusion) are concerned, or alternatively provide a translation into English of same? I\'ve noticed that some questioners stick to their natives tongues religiously to the exclusino of the vast audience out there!

David Rockell (X)
David Rockell (X)
Chinese to English
Maublae i tolluk ambvu! Mar 7, 2002

Ibii mveli tes rokka meba dal ikebi fu farbal to dat. Jokkari semu Ingirissi to kabari fu meha lah sinu.

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
See what I mean! Mar 8, 2002

Intentionally left blank.

SusyZ
SusyZ  Identity Verified
Just a humble opinion... Mar 10, 2002

Although it would be nice of the person posting a comment to have it in English, I believe in some cases sticking with your native language is OK. Specially if the topic to be discussed pertains only to the people speaking that language or if they don\'t feel as comfortable expressing their thoughts in English

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Query and response language option

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »