Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:06
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2011

Today I received a spam (from a guy trying to sell his agency database) via my profile page.
This is nothing unusual, and I dealt with it my usual way - reported it as spam, using the link in the footer at the bottom of the message, and then also used the link to "Block profile messages from this sender:".
I was about to delete the message, when I took a closer look at the footer, and this is what I saw:
-----------
Block
... See more
Today I received a spam (from a guy trying to sell his agency database) via my profile page.
This is nothing unusual, and I dealt with it my usual way - reported it as spam, using the link in the footer at the bottom of the message, and then also used the link to "Block profile messages from this sender:".
I was about to delete the message, when I took a closer look at the footer, and this is what I saw:
-----------
Block profile messages from this sender: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ef&add_ip_block=163.30.188.31&[email protected]
-----------
(I put the x-es and the bold font there just now - not that the guy deserves to be protected this way, but anyway, rules are rules.)
Now, if I understand this link correctly, it would block not only the IP address, but also the specific email address from sending profile mail.
This is great!!!
Is this a new addition, or am I behind the times (again)?
Either way, it is a very welcomed change.
However, when I went to my profile page to check whether the block took effect, I did not see a list of blocked email addresses on my email preferences setting page.
Under Block lists there is a list of blocked ProZ usernames, and and also a list of blocked IP addresses, but no email list.
So, here is my question:
Could we have a list for blocked email addresses in the same fashion as the other two block lists we have?

Thanks
Katalin

[Edited at 2011-01-27 14:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile Block for specific email addresses

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »