Thread poster: Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 16:32
English to Romanian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2022

If our name is not attached to every translation (somehow, somewhere), we are doomed.

Good bye, everyone.

Please get smarter!

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
My opinion Mar 3, 2022

Mihai Badea wrote:
If our name is not attached to every translation (somehow, somewhere), we are doomed.

Since you post this in the "ProZ.com suggestions" forum, I assume you're referring to the site localization. I for one would prefer that my name is not attached to it (visibly, on the page) because of the nature of such translations: not all segments on a page would have been translated by me. Even if 99% of segments on a page were translated by me, and one or two segments were translated by another translator who blundered, no client (and few colleagues) would realise that only the flawless segments on the page are mine.

Recep Kurt
Matheus Gui
Jorge Payan
Ester Vidal

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anonymous

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »