Is there any way to customize the snippets?
Thread poster: Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Ukraine
Local time: 16:00
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 13, 2022

When I send a link to my profile via various messengers, a snippet is created, it looks like this:

"Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy - English to Russian translator. Translation services in Agriculture - technical translator, localization, AutoCAD, DTP, software testing
(Translator Profile - Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy) Translation services in English to Russian (Agric"

or like this:

"Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy - English to Russian translator. Translat
... See more
When I send a link to my profile via various messengers, a snippet is created, it looks like this:

"Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy - English to Russian translator. Translation services in Agriculture - technical translator, localization, AutoCAD, DTP, software testing
(Translator Profile - Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy) Translation services in English to Russian (Agric"

or like this:

"Nadezhda & Vatslav Yehurnovy - English to Russian translator. Translation services in Agricul"

Is there any way for a proz user to customize the contents of the like snippets?

TIA!

The link I used for experiments:
https://www.proz.com/profile/682632
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
The Sep 13, 2022

The messenger service takes the first few characters from the profile page's "title" tag, which you can edit here:
https://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/seo
I can imagine that different messengers would take different amounts of characters, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any way to customize the snippets?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »