TanyaB
TanyaB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:26
German to Russian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

Hello,

when I export text from a PageMaker file using Story Collector I end up with an exported txt file with all the code text in it. When I try to analyze it, it counts all the code as just words. What could I do?

Thank you,
Tatiana

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Filter settings is the key Apr 7, 2008

Go to SDL Trados Filter Settings.
Open the Regular Expression text files.
Remove the "*.txt" from the field "Supported file formats".
That's it.

Here you see where it is:

Best regards
Jerzy

TanyaB
United States
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cannot delete txt file format Apr 7, 2008

Thank you, Jerzy.

The problem is that I cannot delete the txt file format, because I get the following message: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please register the software Apr 7, 2008

With the small program called "Register SDL Trados..." to be found in SDL Trados program group.
If this does not help, please download the patch for the Filter Settings from SDL Trados knowledge base - http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=tNgGWRTxvC0=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.872793614864349 (article: Filter Settings Ap
... See more
With the small program called "Register SDL Trados..." to be found in SDL Trados program group.
If this does not help, please download the patch for the Filter Settings from SDL Trados knowledge base - http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=tNgGWRTxvC0=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.872793614864349 (article: Filter Settings Application does not Work on a PC with More than 2GB of RAM) and try again

HTH
Jerzy
Collapse

TanyaB
United States
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 8, 2008

Thank you, Jerzy. That worked great!

Is there a way to translate PageMaker files in SDLX?

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Create ttx from txt and translate that in SDLX Apr 8, 2008

You can open ttx in SDLX, so you can then simply translate the txt.ttx there and then return to Tageditor, save there as txt and import to Pagemaker.

REgards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PageMaker and SDL TRADOS SP2: code

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »