Dragon: transferring user files to new computer.
Thread poster: Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)
Robin Salmon (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:32
German to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2004

There are many ironies in the computer age. The one uppermost in my thoughts is that whereby I have bought a new computer to get more speed when using Word, Dragon and Trados together but now I have to retrain Dragon after a year of putting him on the right track (I even let him sleep in the coal shed as a treat sometimes, when he was responding well to training). Now Dragon is really fast, but high-speed gobbledygook is not what I am interested in.

Anyway, I went to Manage Users>
... See more
There are many ironies in the computer age. The one uppermost in my thoughts is that whereby I have bought a new computer to get more speed when using Word, Dragon and Trados together but now I have to retrain Dragon after a year of putting him on the right track (I even let him sleep in the coal shed as a treat sometimes, when he was responding well to training). Now Dragon is really fast, but high-speed gobbledygook is not what I am interested in.

Anyway, I went to Manage Users> Advanced> Export and copied my user files to a CD-RW. I then tried to import that user (moi) to Dragon, installed on my new computer.It is Version 7.3, which I dowloaded after I had installed 7.0 with the CD.

I had to change the user name because I was using my same user name on the new computer.The files were imported nicely from the CD-RW but then I was told I had to reinstall Dragon to get files which would manage the new user. I did that (a few times to make sure) but I still get the same message when I try to install the new user.

Any help much appreciated.

Sincerely

Robin Salmon
Collapse

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:32
English to Swedish
+ ...
PowerQuest DriveImage or Norton Ghost Oct 2, 2004

PowerQuest DriveImage or Norton Ghost

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon: transferring user files to new computer.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »