Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?
Haria hasi duena: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
WEB GUNEKO LANGILEAK
Sep 8

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:33
Bazkidea (2007)
Ingelesatik Portugesara
+ ...
N/A Sep 8

Until now, it has mainly depended on my workload! So, sometimes I do observe local holidays, others I don’t. There are two exceptions: Christmas (famille oblige) and the 1st May (Labour Day in Portugal).

Gregor Trebec
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 08:33
Bazkidea (2009)
Ingelesatik Alemanara
+ ...
It depends Sep 8

If I happen to be on vacation, I won't work at all. Otherwise I would handle only urgent tasks due to personal plans, e. g. a get-together or other festivities.

Christine Andersen
 
Bora Taşdemir
Bora Taşdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:33
Bazkidea (2012)
Ingelesatik Turkierara
+ ...
I have my own holidays... Sep 8

I never go on a vacation on local holidays, I always choose a separate time to go offline to unwind. It's much better, because I dislike any kind of crowded scenarios.

Christine Andersen
Hideki Yoshida
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Eslovenia
Local time: 08:33
Ingelesatik Eslovenierara
+ ...
Well... Sep 8

You got to do, what you got to do.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Foro honetako moderatzailea
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?






Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »