Thread poster: Veikko Savolainen (X)
Veikko Savolainen (X)
Veikko Savolainen (X)
Finland
Local time: 04:44
English to Finnish
+ ...
Sep 17, 2015

Hopefully someone can help me with this conundrum. My system drive went belly up, and I had to reinstall everything. Luckily my work files were on another drive, including memoQ translation memories. But, admittedly stupidly, I didn't realize that the TMs are nigh useless by themselves, I just counted on that if they are backed up, I can plug them back in memoQ, so I don't have an TMX-export of the memories or anything. So, does anyone know a trick to get the mtx-files showed back into working m... See more
Hopefully someone can help me with this conundrum. My system drive went belly up, and I had to reinstall everything. Luckily my work files were on another drive, including memoQ translation memories. But, admittedly stupidly, I didn't realize that the TMs are nigh useless by themselves, I just counted on that if they are backed up, I can plug them back in memoQ, so I don't have an TMX-export of the memories or anything. So, does anyone know a trick to get the mtx-files showed back into working memory in memoQ? All advice appreciatedCollapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Why do you think they are useless? Sep 17, 2015

Can't you use them?
Try 'Register local'. In memoQ, this means 'browse and open a TM'.
If you can see your TM in the memoQ list of TMs, but it does not work, you can try 'Repair resource'.
(Both commands are invoked from View tab - Translation Memories option.)

[Edited at 2015-09-17 14:28 GMT]

Veikko Savolainen (X)
Veikko Savolainen (X)
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do'h! Sep 17, 2015

Yes, that actually works! Thanks a mil! How did I miss that...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to recover memoQ 2013 translation memory

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »