Jakov Milicevic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 17:06
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
Sep 12, 2023

Dear colleagues,

I have an issue which I'm not sure how to solve. I would need to do the export of analysis from MemoQ in CSV format but in coding UTF-8 not UTF-16 LE. Is it possible to change this somewhere in settings or?

Thanks a for a help,
Jakov

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:06
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Notepad Sep 12, 2023

Export to UTF-16 LE CSV as usual, open in Notepad, do a Save As..., then select "UTF-8" from the Encoding dropdown menu at the bottom of the Save As dialog?

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with MemoQ...

Dan

Jakov Milicevic
Jakov Milicevic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 17:06
Member (2010)
Croatian to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the reply but I know that solution... Sep 12, 2023

Dear Dan,

I would need to download it immediately in UTF-8 format as I know the solution of opening it in Notepad. I use Windows 11 Pro so maybe somewhere in settings can be changed the download format. Any idea about that? Maybe system locales have influence on download format?

Best regards,
Jakov

Dan Lucas wrote:

Export to UTF-16 LE CSV as usual, open in Notepad, do a Save As..., then select "UTF-8" from the Encoding dropdown menu at the bottom of the Save As dialog?

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with MemoQ...

Dan

Dan Lucas

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:06
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Can't help Sep 12, 2023

Jakov Milicevic wrote:
I would need to download it immediately in UTF-8 format as I know the solution of opening it in Notepad. I use Windows 11 Pro so maybe somewhere in settings can be changed the download format. Any idea about that? Maybe system locales have influence on download format?

Sorry, can't help as I don't know enough about either MemoQ or Windows 11. If you can't get it to download as UTF-8, what's your Plan B? If the issue is that you need to automate it rather than use manual means such as Notepad, I would create some kind of pipeline using a tiny Python script or even Powershell (e.g. this script).

Regards,
Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export analysis in csv. format but with coding UTF-8 not UTF-16 LE

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »