Thread poster: Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 01:32
German to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2004

I have Trados 6.5.2.417 and am having a problem cleaning up an Excel file translated using Tag Editor.

I translated the file in Tag Editor, and went to Workbench -> Tools -> Clean up as usual, selected the Tag Editor file, and hit clean up as usual.

Cleanup appeared to be progressing normally, then in the gray bar at the bottom of the cleanup window, the message changed to "postprocessing 100%", and then I got an error message - something about unable to connect to se
... See more
I have Trados 6.5.2.417 and am having a problem cleaning up an Excel file translated using Tag Editor.

I translated the file in Tag Editor, and went to Workbench -> Tools -> Clean up as usual, selected the Tag Editor file, and hit clean up as usual.

Cleanup appeared to be progressing normally, then in the gray bar at the bottom of the cleanup window, the message changed to "postprocessing 100%", and then I got an error message - something about unable to connect to server....

I had to use Ctrl Alt Del to close Workbench, as I was unable to close the cleanup window to exit the program any other way.

I closed Tag Editor, closed Workbench, reopened Workbench, and tried to clean up the file again. Now I get error message 31104 - "Key already exists in c:/blahdiblah...".

Help! It's a huge file and its due back to the customer tomorrow!

Thanks

Alison
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh yes, Oct 25, 2004

Windows XP home, Microsoft Office 2000.

FWIW

Alison

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Save as target? Oct 25, 2004

Hi Alison,
As a quick fix, can you save the TTX file as target-only?

Cheers, Ralf

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No - I've just been trying that... Oct 25, 2004

It tells me "Connection with server application error: document structure error: Expenses for the expansion from worksheet:3 does not exist in sheet. Please check if the structure of the TRADOStag document or the workbook was changed"

I am not aware of having changed any structure anywhere.

Best,

Alison

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I've found the answer... Oct 25, 2004

I think I've found the answer:

One of the spreadsheets was called "ANlagespiegel" in German, which of course is "Statement of changes in fixed assets" in English - which is too long for Excel/Tag Editor/Workbench to deal with. So I left it in German, and bingo - I could export the source language from Tag Editor.

Thanks to anyone who was investigating for me!

Alison

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Same problem here, but still no answer... Nov 1, 2004

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as Alison, but renaming the document does'nt help. The clean-up process seems to work correctly, but after the message "postprocessing 100%", I got an error message(2147467259): Connection with server application error

"Save as target" does'nt work neither : I get an error message "connection with server application error HRESULT: 0x800A03EC", and the xls file I get is translated until a certain point. I can see no particular issue in
... See more
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as Alison, but renaming the document does'nt help. The clean-up process seems to work correctly, but after the message "postprocessing 100%", I got an error message(2147467259): Connection with server application error

"Save as target" does'nt work neither : I get an error message "connection with server application error HRESULT: 0x800A03EC", and the xls file I get is translated until a certain point. I can see no particular issue in the ttx file at this point.

And of course it is urgent

Win XP Home, Office 2002, Trados 6.5.5.438

Many thanks in advance!
Sylvain

[Edited at 2004-11-01 13:05]
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Names of worksheets Nov 1, 2004

Sylvain Leray wrote:

Hi,

"Save as target" does'nt work neither : I get an error message "connection with server application error HRESULT: 0x800A03EC", and the xls file I get is translated until a certain point. I can see no particular issue in the ttx file at this point.

And of course it is urgent

Win XP Home, Office 2002, Trados 6.5.5.438

Many thanks in advance!
Sylvain

[Edited at 2004-11-01 13:05]

Hi Sylvain!

I found somewhere that Trados only allows worksheet names in Excel of up to 31 characters - so if you have a worksheet with a name longer than 31 characters you'll have to rename it. That solved my problem!

HTH

Alison

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Thanks, but... Nov 1, 2004

Hi Alison,

thank you, but the name of the worksheet is about 10 characters long, and renaming is to no avail too.
I'm browsing the TW-Users group...

Sylvain

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
I'm going crazy Nov 1, 2004

I have tried to recreate the ttx file and to retranslate it with the TM : same result with same error ny cleaning up. It always cleans up the file until Row 253. So I tried to create a new xls file from row 253 to the end and translated it : same error message. File did'nt clean up at all.
The solutions proposed in TW-Users don't apply here, I really don't know what to do. Translating the file directly in Excel would be the last thing I would like to do...

Could it be because
... See more
I have tried to recreate the ttx file and to retranslate it with the TM : same result with same error ny cleaning up. It always cleans up the file until Row 253. So I tried to create a new xls file from row 253 to the end and translated it : same error message. File did'nt clean up at all.
The solutions proposed in TW-Users don't apply here, I really don't know what to do. Translating the file directly in Excel would be the last thing I would like to do...

Could it be because I use the functions "Extend segment" and "Multiple translations" ??

[Edited at 2004-11-01 15:41]
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You could try this: Nov 1, 2004

Go into Tag Editor, go to the names of the worksheets, cancel your translation of them (the button with open get crossed out).

Save your ttx file. Go to (I think) the first menu drop down list (I think it's called File) and do save as target only in a different folder.

I'm sorry I can't offer you any more input on this.

Ralf - are you out there? Any ideas?

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Doesn't work neither Nov 1, 2004

Thanks again Alison, but this doesn't change anything. Always this *** message.

Sylvain, desperate

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Registered the software after upgrading? Nov 1, 2004

Bonjour Sylvain,
I didn't take notice earlier as you indicated that you had the same error as Alison - which, however, doesn't appear to be the case, right?

One possible cause of a server error (which can indicate a communications problem among Trados components, or with other applications) is forgetting to register the software (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5) after installation/upgrade, or after having used another Trados version. Can you confirm
... See more
Bonjour Sylvain,
I didn't take notice earlier as you indicated that you had the same error as Alison - which, however, doesn't appear to be the case, right?

One possible cause of a server error (which can indicate a communications problem among Trados components, or with other applications) is forgetting to register the software (Start - Programs - Trados 6.5 - Register Trados 6.5) after installation/upgrade, or after having used another Trados version. Can you confirm whether or not you registered T6.5.5.438?

Also, have a look at the Knowledge Base articles accompanying the upgrade to build 438/439; IIRC a patch (=build 439) was issued to fix problems concerning TTX files created under 6.5.2 on the basis of Excel or Powerpoint files. This might also solve the problem. (Can't check the KB right now, as I'm only accessing the web via a GPRS connection.)

If nothing helps, zip your TTX file and send it over - I'll try to clean it.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Well... Nov 2, 2004

Well, I had registred the build 438, and yesterday night I downloaded and installed the patch for Build 439.
To no avail... same results as yesterday.
So I sent a support request via the Trados Website and am still waiting for an answer... and my client is waiting too...
I'll keep you informed if there is a fix.

Anyway, thank you Ralf and Alison

Sylvain

Sylvain Leray
Member (2003)
German to French
Hurrah !! Nov 2, 2004

Good to know :
http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1384

No "=" sign at the beginning of cells in xls files!

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Tag Editor won't clean up - error 31104

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »