Error "Confirmation statistics word count is greater than the total number of words" in Trados 2021
Thread poster: Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:37
German to French
+ ...
May 17, 2021

Hi,

When I want to check-in a file in a GroupShare project, I often get the following message ""Confirmation statistics word count is greater than the total number of words". How can this very ennoying bug be avoided?

SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.5.4270

Jean-François

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:37
English to Russian
Try to run May 17, 2021

any batch task relating to word counting: Translation Count, Word Count, Analyze Files. Then try to check in again.

Jean-François Pineau
Jean-François Pineau  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:37
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already tried May 17, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

any batch task relating to word counting: Translation Count, Word Count, Analyze Files. Then try to check in again.

Hi Stepan,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, in this kind of situation, if I try to do a batch task, I get a message telling me that I don't have the required privileges.

Does anyone have a solution?
JF

I_CH

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:37
English to Russian
Then try fSDL Community May 17, 2021

This problem was described 6 years ago. I found a discussion about it here. One of the replies there reads: "This is odd as the Freelance edition of Studio can run batch tasks. So your translators must all be w... See more
This problem was described 6 years ago. I found a discussion about it here. One of the replies there reads: "This is odd as the Freelance edition of Studio can run batch tasks. So your translators must all be working with the Express or Starter editions." What version do you use? If it is not Express or Starter, ask your question directly in reply to this statement. You can add a comment to that discussion right there to bring it up and say that batch tasks are not available to you though.
Another SDL expert, Luis Lopes, stated 6 years ago that "...it was actually next on the list for release but we ran out of time unfortunately". However, as it often happens with SDL, this issue seems to be still on the list from then.
Also, they assume that merging segments can cause this behavior. Try to avoid merging segments to avoid the issue.
Collapse

Lisa Grayson
Lisa Grayson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks, Stepan! Dec 31, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

I had the same problem, then I ran Word Count at your suggestion, and Trados 2021 finally calculated that I had indeed finished 100% of the translation.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error "Confirmation statistics word count is greater than the total number of words" in Trados 2021

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »