Spellcheck red line too discreet
Thread poster: Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
Local time: 02:49
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Aug 3, 2021

I find the red wave below misspelled words in Trados way too discreet, and not becoming useful. I want a thick, highly visible line, ideally with animated flies flying out of the misspelled word so I can absolutely not miss it (OK that last part is partially a joke). Seems there's no option for this in Trados, is there an add-on or something to improve this? Ideally I'd like to have the option to filter segments with misspelled words. I'd find scrolling through those a lot more efficient than th... See more
I find the red wave below misspelled words in Trados way too discreet, and not becoming useful. I want a thick, highly visible line, ideally with animated flies flying out of the misspelled word so I can absolutely not miss it (OK that last part is partially a joke). Seems there's no option for this in Trados, is there an add-on or something to improve this? Ideally I'd like to have the option to filter segments with misspelled words. I'd find scrolling through those a lot more efficient than the usual spell checker way. Or does someone have any tips I haven't thought of to make this easier/better?Collapse

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:49
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
color options and LanguageTool Aug 4, 2021

You can change the color of the underline in the options - maybe something like pink would stand out more?
You could also change the background and text color to make the spelling mistake line stand out more
If you use the LanguageTool plugin you can see a list of spelling mistakes (and other errors) via F8

Hope that might help!

Christine Andersen
Stepan Konev

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:49
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Click F7 Aug 4, 2021

Tastes vary.

I find the red lines a pain as they are! In spite of adding client names and other things to the dictionary and getting AutoCorrect to deal with as many regular typos as possible... Maybe I could adjust my settings to make the red lines paler, thanks for the tip!

You can always press F7, which will run a spelling check, and highlight spelling errors one by one. You can then correct one, correct all or ignore them as appropriate.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Thank you for the LanguageTool tip Aug 4, 2021

Thank you James for the LanguageTool tip. Will try it.
By the way I remember there were some complaints (here or maybe on sdl community site) about too thick squiggly underline. It was really too bright at one time. Then they fixed it after those complaints. I don't think it was a wrong decision.
Update: ah, it requires an additional standalone app and Java. No... But still thanks.

[Edited at 2021-08-04 13:23 GMT]

Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I change color? Aug 4, 2021

James Plastow wrote:

You can change the color of the underline in the options - maybe something like pink would stand out more?
You could also change the background and text color to make the spelling mistake line stand out more
If you use the LanguageTool plugin you can see a list of spelling mistakes (and other errors) via F8

Hope that might help!

The LanguageTool plugin looks great but unfortunately it doesn't support Norwegian.

Where do I change the color in Studio 2017? I know about the Font Adaptation but I don't see any option to change that.

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:49
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Options Aug 4, 2021

Jorgen1977 wrote:

James Plastow wrote:

Hope that might help!

The LanguageTool plugin looks great but unfortunately it doesn't support Norwegian.

Where do I change the color in Studio 2017? I know about the Font Adaptation but I don't see any option to change that.

Just go to Options > Colors (4th option from the bottom)

Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 4, 2021

James Plastow wrote:

Jorgen1977 wrote:

James Plastow wrote:

Hope that might help!

Just go to Options > Colors (4th option from the bottom)

Oh man, tunnel vision has set in, I guess! Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck red line too discreet

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »