Studio Freelance 2021 SR2 - Translation Memory not working after selecting it
Thread poster: Marc Leduc
Marc Leduc
Marc Leduc  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:09
Member (2003)
English to French
Dec 16, 2021

I have recently upgraded from Studio Freelance 2019 to Studio Freelance 2021 and installed successfully, license activated. I have created a project with a file that should have provided at least fuzzy matches from the selected TM, but nothing showed up.

I made tests using text from a file translated with the same TM (.sdltm used with Studio 2017), both as project and as single file translation. Again, selecting this TM didn't work, no leverage, right target pane blank. Navigated t
... See more
I have recently upgraded from Studio Freelance 2019 to Studio Freelance 2021 and installed successfully, license activated. I have created a project with a file that should have provided at least fuzzy matches from the selected TM, but nothing showed up.

I made tests using text from a file translated with the same TM (.sdltm used with Studio 2017), both as project and as single file translation. Again, selecting this TM didn't work, no leverage, right target pane blank. Navigated to Project Settings to reselect TM, in vain.

I did everything, read and reread Help, tried RWD Community and Knowledge Base, restarted PC, uninstalled/reinstalled Studio 2021, same results.

Needless to say I'm a quite a bit frustrated. Anyone from the support can help me?
Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Vera Schoen
Vera Schoen  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:09
Member (2008)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Update your TM Dec 17, 2021

You might need to update your TM.
Go to your TM in the Project Settings and hoover over it with your cursor. If it needs to be upgraded you will se a message about it. In that case just click on Upgrade (there is a button on top to the right, it's greyed out if the update isn't necessary). After the upgrade your TM should be working.
Hope this helps!

Stepan Konev
Sebastian Witte

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:09
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Bug in Trados 2021 Dec 26, 2021

I had another problem: Trados 2021 SR2 could not link up with client's online TM's, and that turns out to be a bug.
They told me to reinstall an older version, which I could do without deactivating Trados.
After that, T worked fine again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Freelance 2021 SR2 - Translation Memory not working after selecting it

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »