Thread poster: Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:01
German to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 26, 2021

I´ve never have this much trouble with Trados before but since I upgraded to 2021 it crashes all the time, I get tons of different error messages (for instance invoke something or other, couldn´t save to memory (or something like that), you´ve tried to something or other too many times, error messages about API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.)) and it´s driving me crazy! I´ve even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to my surprise all my previous projects, settings etc. w... See more
I´ve never have this much trouble with Trados before but since I upgraded to 2021 it crashes all the time, I get tons of different error messages (for instance invoke something or other, couldn´t save to memory (or something like that), you´ve tried to something or other too many times, error messages about API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.)) and it´s driving me crazy! I´ve even tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but to my surprise all my previous projects, settings etc. was still there and now it´s impossible to deactivate my license.

What can I do to solve all of this topics so I can concentrate on working instead?

Thanks in advance!
Annika
Collapse

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I also bought 2021 - big mistake Dec 26, 2021

Luckily I still have my 2015.

And I bought MemoQ.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:01
English to Russian
Uninstall plugins Dec 27, 2021

Annika Abrahamsson wrote:
...API for some add-ins (I don´t know which) etc.
After SR2 and the more so after your upgrade from an older version, some plugins, add-ins, or whatever you call them, need to be re-installed. Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL plugin installer
and run the Sdl.Community.SdlPluginInstaller.exe
Put down the list of your plugins to restore them later.
Uninstall all the plugins one after the other:
2021-12-27_031046Re-install all the plugins one after the other by selecting their up to date versions.
*If you have SDL WorldServer Components 2021 installed, go to the Control Panel/Programs and Features and uninstall the plugin. Then re-install the right version from Appstore.

If you can't deactivate (or activate) your license, ask RWS to reset it for you by posting a request here: https://community.rws.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/licensing
***However, I think you'd better post your cry for help there instead of simply asking them to reset the license. Probably, they will give you some specific instructions.***

[Edited at 2021-12-27 00:37 GMT]

Annika Abrahamsson
Annika Abrahamsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Improvment Dec 27, 2021

That helped, thanks!

However, today I get an error message regarding Object reference for the Rapid Add Term plugin. What can that be about?
Also I´m having trouble login in to my RWS account in relation to their QA plugin. Is that something I should talk to RWS support about?

/ Annika

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:01
English to Russian
RWS support Dec 27, 2021

Annika Abrahamsson wrote:
...I´m having trouble login in to my RWS account. Is that something I should talk to RWS support about?
Definitely it is. However they only accept support requests as RWS Community posts. If you can't log in, then how can you post a support request... Er... Probably you should use the Don't remember your password? link to email them and describe your issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados crashes all the time and I get tons and tons of different error messages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »