Thread poster: Mihai Seucan
Mihai Seucan
Mihai Seucan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 22:28
English to Romanian
Jan 7, 2022

Hi,

I have a project in Trados with several files for which client has provided a TM. The problem is that I have a lot of repeating segments, but I do not get repeating segments automatically translated, and I do not know what the problem might be. I have checked options for TM to be automatically updated, but still, I have to retranslate repeating segments, even 100%match.
Does anyone know what the solution might be?
I use Trados 2021, with ServicePack2.

... See more
Hi,

I have a project in Trados with several files for which client has provided a TM. The problem is that I have a lot of repeating segments, but I do not get repeating segments automatically translated, and I do not know what the problem might be. I have checked options for TM to be automatically updated, but still, I have to retranslate repeating segments, even 100%match.
Does anyone know what the solution might be?
I use Trados 2021, with ServicePack2.

[Edited at 2022-01-07 16:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-01-07 17:10 GMT]
Collapse

Check the auto-propagation settings Jan 10, 2022

Go under File / Options / Editor and check the auto-propagation settings. These are what are used to fill in repeating 100% matches.

Mihai Seucan
Yaotl Altan

Mihai Seucan
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jan 10, 2022

Thank you Michael. I have found this searching Trados forums over the weekend.

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 21:28
English to Romanian
+ ...
Unproductive default setting Jan 10, 2022

One would expect the software would translate the repeated segments automatically by default.

Possibly (hopefully) just a bug in that specific build.

Anca Buzatu
Anca Buzatu  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 21:28
Member (2008)
German to Romanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I´ve encountered the same problem... Jan 11, 2022

Unfortunately, I´ve encountered the same problem as soon as I have updated my SDL Trados 2021 to the most recent version and I assume it must be some bug ...

Mihai Seucan
Romania
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Another solution Jan 15, 2022

I found another solution to this problem. Currently I have a project with several files having repeating segments 100% match in the different files. Another solution is, before staring translation, to open project-> go to Project Settings -> Select TM ( just click on it, do not check the box for selection)-> from the right upper corner of the new window click on Upgrade. Then just wait for TM to update. After that begin translation and repeating segments will be automatically translated.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Contact RWS support forum Jan 15, 2022

If you think this is a bug, you may want to ask their support. I work with the latest version of SR2 too and I didn't notice any change in this respect. However, if you feel like there is a real bug, you won't fix it simply by discussing it here. The support forum is for free.

[Edited at 2022-01-15 16:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of already translated segments

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »