Unable to save Target PowerPoint
Thread poster: Laval
Apr 4, 2010

I have just translated a 45-slide Power Point presentation and am unable to save the target file.

I get the following error message:
Failed to save target content: Unable to cast object of type 'Office12.Powerpoint.DataContainers.LogicalDataContainers.CShapeGroupWrapper' to type 'Office12.Powerpoint.DataContainers.LogicalDataContainers.APowerPointDocWrapper'.

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:38
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
A copy of the file ? Apr 5, 2010

Did you try to copy the whole file (the whole translated presentation), then open a virgin PP file and paste your translated file into this new empty one ?

If it does not work, try the same procedure, but copying-pasting slide by slide into the new empty file.

By caution, begin with copying-pasting into Word the "pure" text parts.
Hope this will help

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
which application are you using Apr 5, 2010

If you're talking about "target" files, it seems you're using a CAT tool.
This question should therefore be posted in the forum that specalises in your CAT tool.
Otherwise we're all in the dark!

Medic-Translat
Medic-Translat
North Macedonia
English to Albanian
+ ...
Every slide should be saved saparetely Apr 5, 2010

When you translate in Power Point you have to make save every slide, before you go to the next one. Otherwise it would not be saved.

Laval
Laval
TOPIC STARTER
Unable to save Target PowerPoint Apr 5, 2010

The application is SDL Studio.

I haven't spent much time on the Proz site and am not familiar with its various sections. (Actually, I thought I was on the SDL Support page...!)

Thanks for any help you can give me. I need to send this to my client on Tuesday, so I don't have much time left...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to save Target PowerPoint

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »