Thread poster: Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 2, 2012

For those of you who may not know, Thomas L. West (a lawyer, translator, translation agency owner and speaker at ATA conferences) has published a new edition of his Spanish-English Dictionary of Business and Law. Here is a link to the book on Amazon:... See more
For those of you who may not know, Thomas L. West (a lawyer, translator, translation agency owner and speaker at ATA conferences) has published a new edition of his Spanish-English Dictionary of Business and Law. Here is a link to the book on Amazon:

Spanish-English Dictionary of Law and Business, 2nd edition

[Edited at 2012-08-02 04:30 GMT]
Collapse

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Updated for changes in the law Aug 2, 2012

Hi Jeff,

During an ATA webinar on Tuesday (about translating Mexican civil procedure to English) he mentioned that used copies of the 1st edition were recently selling for as much as 400 dollars. This new edition contemplates changes in the law.

I don't translate from Spanish to English but in the other direction. However I was very impressed by his analysis of Mexican civil procedure and his suggestions on how to convey the shades of meaning in English. This dictionary
... See more
Hi Jeff,

During an ATA webinar on Tuesday (about translating Mexican civil procedure to English) he mentioned that used copies of the 1st edition were recently selling for as much as 400 dollars. This new edition contemplates changes in the law.

I don't translate from Spanish to English but in the other direction. However I was very impressed by his analysis of Mexican civil procedure and his suggestions on how to convey the shades of meaning in English. This dictionary must be excellent!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New edition of S>E Dictionary of Law by Thomas L. West

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »